Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Prayer on a Sunday morning

Dear God,

How come it seemed like you blocked the Sun out today?
How come it seemed like the world turned out to be gray?

Or is it just me?
This ungrateful little soul of mine,
Not being able to see your beauty?

If only God, I could see you right now,
Then tears of joy would flow.
I can't imagine it,
If only I could know.

You promised me that it would happen someday,
When I returned to your side.
But now on earth as I bide my time,
Will you be by my side?

Time never erases pain,
Nor hurt, nor sorrow, nor shame.
It still seems so fresh,
The disappointment and dismay.

I feel no happiness in my heart,
No flowers will bloom today.
But there's just something anchoring me down,
And in words, I don't know how to say.

The loss of faith,
An empty heart,
A blessing I chose to give away.

Let once more your favor shine on me,
For now I know my mistakes.

An imperfect soul,
And a broken praise.
I'm sorry I can't give you more.

But as I wither and as I fall,
I call out and pray.
That God you will stretch out a hand,
And hold me up today.

I know not what will come of me,
Today, tomorrow or in the future.
But I now choose to just lift my hands,
And pray you'll catch me sooner.

Come now to me,
My Abba Father,
My King of life forever.

Your child and servant calls to you,
with wounds she'll never cover.
If faith could move a mountain,
And dreams could build a castle.

Then God, help me today,
because I choose to give you all of mine, today.

Liebe


Pslams 91 vs 14-16

"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him."
"I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name"
"He will call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him."


Psalms 27 vs 14
"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my dear sister,
Your prayer is amazing (:
It's really comforting to know that God will be there for us when we screw up.
Hope you got over your careless mistakes! (:

Juniper said...

YES YES I HAVE:) and thank you, little one.