Friday, January 15, 2010

Buggeroos, Jujuba darling.


It all happened on that fine Christmas morn',
When you walked in with that cheeky little grin.
You sort of just sat in the corner with little sister,
And one thing I could not help but notice, was the size of your head.

Yes,
It was BIG,
Yes,
You were small.

You were so grey,
Your fur like a storm cloud.
But yet you were so different,
Your soul the epicenter of vitality.

It was always you who took the first step,
It was always you who ran in the wheel.
It was also you who ate the most,
It was also you who would crawl all over me with those scratchy paws.

Then day by day,
You kind of grew,
From Small to Big,
From little mice to HUGE.

Yes, you were my wonderful sumo,
The lazy one who loved to dig,
The one who always slept the best,
The one who was always "calm".

You were always so cute, magical and lovely,
Eyes so small compared to your body.
Your fur dropped off day by day,
And yet your charm grew everyday.

For 13 months you were the one,
Our one and only fat little one.
You spent half your life sleeping in the wheel,
And make us say, "Oh Buggeroos!"

But as you shrank within that week,
This heart was torn to the very core.
Yes I loved you, And yes I do,
But God's the one that took you home.

Today morning I woke up,
Finding you cold.
No it wasn't easy to see you go.
In fact I refuse it,
I don't want you to go.

But when I said "Bye".
For the dozenth time,
I meant it in the sense,
Thank you my dear buggeroos, for everything you've done.

No comments: