Oh man. Haven't posted in AGES. So, I've decided to come back and post, and to tell you guys how life has been.
1. My hamsters are doing AWESOME. Sunshine and Buggeroos have grown like at least half an inch! They're busy running around and are around 4 weeks old now!
2. I'm gonna join Crezawards. (if I make it through the auditions, because i heard the standard is high high high! so if i do, then yea)
3. I did well for my math test which i freaked out for. Thanks to God, cause He really helped me through. Was so busy that weekend before the test I tell you, I could have died being busy. But God's grace shown through:)
4. I'm gonna be joining an outside choir: WILDEMPIRE! (can't wait=)
5. I'm a history rep. HAHA
6. The 26th of Jan is Li Xin's Birthday!
7. Chinese New Year is NEXT WEEK!
(now for the serous business)
hehe.
Recently, my trademark song with my friends have been "all you need is love" by the one and only BEATLES. I don't know, but i think there's too much "unloving" in this world right now. (Not that I am not guilty of this). But it's true. More often than not, we're so quick to judge someone. I mean, have we ever thought, maybe someone did that something for a reason? And like, when someone does something TOTALLY unlike her, does it necessarily mean she is faking it? or trying to be someone she's not? However, have we EVER really thought--What if she's trying to change by doing something real nice for once, and here we are, standing at the side and saying she's faking it or he's trying to be someone he's not.
Maybe it's time WE ourselves changed.
To tell you the truth, I don't love everyone. (duh). So it makes me kinda sad, that i can say to the whole world I am a christian. And yet "Where is the Love?" Right now at this moment, I don't HATE anyone. But that doesn't matter. Because when I curse someone in front of others, God sees. Eveyone else does to. Now what kind of testimony am I? No matter how much I don't hate someone, just one word of cursing in the heat of the moment is already a testimony of how I "unlove" someone. It's saddening don't ya think?
And all this judging of people. Thanks to God that I've managed to tone down just a little on that through these few years. I used to judge others by like what they did, like the moment they did something bad, it meant THEY WERE BAD. But no, that's not true. Someone who smokes or is a gangster may be the NICEST person you have ever met. And trust me, that is TRUE. And so many times we falter by saying that someone is this this this, just becuase she has a bad habit of doing something wrong. yet, have we ever thought, Don't WE OURSELVES have our own flaws? Why judge? Leave the judging to God! Why don't we just show this love we tell others that Jesus has given to us, instead of spreading rumours of others and trying to act all holy and everything by judging someone who may be "doing wrong".
Jesus told us to love. Simple and straightforward. Even if that person may be a fake and all, just show him/her the love we were told to give. If they really are just putting a show on to impress the world, so be it. Let God deal with them. Love to me is something I have yet to grasp hold of. Maybe I'm touching it a little??, that's most likely not the case It's more like I'm totally not getting the true meaning of love. .....BUT maybe it's time we all really start to reach out to this love, and really take hold of it, before we start to hang on with one hand, and reach out the other to the other people below. Then, we can pull them up, to hang on to this love, together.
Romans 12:19-21
"Do not take revenge, my friends but leave room for God's Wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap curning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
Love, my friend, is the only thing that will truly last.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh, your post has really made me felt guilty cos I definitely did judged people rashly before. but I will try to change now, cos what you said made perfect sense. Leave the judging to God and spread our love for Jesus and be good examples so that people can see we are different and accept Christ yay:)
Post a Comment